Welcome to Year 4 Class website page.
Our Lady's School is a caring family, where, with Jesus in our hearts, we value everyone and encourage them to be the best that they can be.
Spring 2 Topic: The Art of Food
Our Art and Design outcome was to draw still life pictures of 'food' based on Renoir and Cezanne's artwork. We have used different grades of pencils and charcoal to create our drawings. Hope you like them!
Topic : The Art of Food
Our Science outcome was to create posters on how to look after our teeth.
Here are the children with their amazing posters and dazzling smiles!
Design an Easter Egg competition:
A big well done to everyone who took part!
Holy Week Celebrations
The Last Supper
Garden of Gethsemane
We created the Garden of Gethsemane using sticks, stones, twigs and flowers from our school ground. We enjoyed having our lesson outdoor. When we drew our pebbles, we thought about Jesus being all alone and how he must have felt.
We remembered how Jesus sacrificed himself for us. Some of us felt sad. We made crosses from different things and of different designs. Then we chose our favourite cross and shared why we chose it.
The Empty Tomb
We were full of hope at the end of our Easter story because we were happy to see that the stone had been removed and the tomb was empty!
'He is risen'.
When we ate our Easter eggs we thought that it reminded us of the empty tomb.
We really enjoyed our Easter journey during our Holy Week Celebrations.
Well done for another excellent week year 4! It's lovely to see you all settling in.
Welcome to our Class 4 page!
Here is some general information to help you with our school and class routines:
- Mrs. Wilkinson is your class teacher. Mr. Gill is our Teaching Assistant.
- Our P.E. lessons are on Wednesday. You will need to come in to school in your PE kit (this could be anything suitable to do P.E. in such as tracksuits, leggings and trainers etc.). You do not need to bring in your school uniform.
- Homework: At the moment, we are focusing on reading, spellings and times tables. Please access it through Seesaw ,Edshed and GetEpic.
- Reading: Try to read regularly. Please bring your book bags with your home reader and accelerated reader to school every day. Reading records will be kept in school for now. Books will be changed on Fridays.
- Times tables: Please keep up with your times tables practice. At the moment we are focusing on revising all our times tables upto 12 x 12 and particularly practising our 6, 7, 8, 9 and 12 times tables.
- English: We have been writing our dilemma scenes based on ' Wallace and Gromit: A Matter of Loaf and Death'.
- Topic: The Art of Food- We've been learning about 'Teeth' in Science. In Art and Design, we've been learning to use pencils and charcoal to create textures, tones , lines and marks. Our focus artists are 'Renoir' and 'Cezanne'. Our final outcome is to produce a still life drawing of fruit or vegetables. We'll also be creating a poster on 'How to look after your teeth and what damages them'.
- R.E.: We have been learning about 'Lent' and following Jesus' journey. We have been trying to live our lives using Jesus' teachings.
- Maths: We have been learning how to find fractions of objects , quantities and the decimal equivalence between fractions and decimals.
- Music: Our Ukulele lessons will commence from the 25th of March at 10:40 am. We are really looking forward to it.
Mr. Monaghan was very impressed with us. We have already learnt to play the C and A Minor chords amongst other skills. We also beat him in the rhythm game!
Exploring and making our electrical circuits
Publishing our Loch Ness Monster stories using BookCreator
Oral retelling of a story in English
Children used actions, voices and expression to retell parts of a story in pairs. They enjoyed improvising and performing.
Teamwork: How to work well as a team
PSHE: Deciding on rewards and consequences and empathising with others
We enjoyed the role play and freeze frames!
We are enjoying our Yoga sessions and setting ourselves some new challenges in the process!
Art Competition Winner - Julian
Congratulations to Julian for winning the 'NHS Poster competition' organised by 'Exertis'. He won an X-BOX for his amazing poster! Well done! We are very proud of you!
Curriculum Overview - Year 4
RE Yearly Overview ('Come and See' Scheme)
RE Yearly Overview ('Come and See' scheme) - Printable version
Maths yearly overview - Printable version
Lots of fun activities to do at home.
Parents Guide to the National Curriculum