Welcome to Year 4 Class website page.
Our Lady's School is a caring family, where, with Jesus in our hearts, we value everyone and encourage them to be the best that they can be.
Well done for another excellent week year 4! It's lovely to see you all settling in.
Welcome to our Class 4 page!
Here is some general information to help you with our school and class routines:
- Mrs. Wilkinson is your class teacher.
- Miss Martin is your support assistant.
- Our P.E. lessons are on Mondays. You will need to come in to school in your PE kit (this could be anything suitable to do P.E. in such as tracksuits, leggings and trainers etc.). You do not need to bring in your school uniform on Mondays.
- Mr. Hurst will be teaching you on a Monday afternoon from 2 pm .
- Homework: Homework is set each week on a Monday via 'Seesaw'. Please use your individual unique home learning codes for Seesaw to access this.
- Reading: Try to read regularly. Please bring your book bags with your home reader and accelerated reader to school every day. Reading records will be kept in school for now. Books will be changed on Thursdays.
- Times tables: Please keep up with your times tables practice. At the moment we are focusing on revising all our times tables upto 12 x 12 and particularly practising our 6, 7, 8, 9 and 12 times tables.
- English: We have been writing our explanations of how an electrical circuit works. Our next topic is 'Fantasy stories'. We'll be reading 'The Firemaker's daughter' by Phillip Pullman as our focus text.
- Topic: Sparks Might Fly! Our lead subjects are Science and D&T. In Science, we are learning about 'Electricity' (electrical circuits, switches, safety with electricity, complete and incomplete circuits). In Design and Technology, we will be combining our skills and knowledge from Science and our designing talents and skills to make our own lamps.
- R.E.: We have started our 'Advent and Christmas' topic.
- Maths: This week, we are learning how to identify the place value of digits in decimal numbers, compare and order decimals, write amounts of money using decimal notation, count in hundredths and divide two digit numbers by 10.
Mr. Monaghan was very impressed with us. We have already learnt to play the C and A Minor chords amongst other skills. We also beat him in the rhythm game!
Teamwork: How to work well as a team
PSHE: Deciding on rewards and consequences and empathising with others
We enjoyed the role play and freeze frames!
We are enjoying our Yoga sessions and setting ourselves some new challenges in the process!
Congratulations to Julian for winning the 'NHS Poster competition' organised by 'Exertis'. He won an X-BOX for his amazing poster! Well done! We are very proud of you!