At OLPS we recognise and understand the challenges and opportunities our children might face and experience as they grow to be responsible adults in East Lancashire. It is our mission to equip our children for a world which is changing constantly. It is therefore imperative that we offer children a curriculum which is rich in knowledge, understanding (including vocabulary) and transferable skills. To ensure effectiveness, our curriculum aims be purposeful, engaging, active and connected.
Our aim is that our children experience a curriculum:
- Where our strong Catholic ethos permeates throughout, providing the children with a safe, calm and nurturing environment.
- That is based on our children’s starting points and is progressive. It aims to develop opinions and knowledge and secure the skills, values and attitudes required to become a successful individual.
- That promotes a love of learning.
- That is designed to provide relevant first hand experiences along with opportunities to enhance, secure and embed learning.
- That provides opportunities to use and apply learning in a meaningful way.
- That develops resilience and perseverance through challenge and support.
- That promotes British Values.
- Where reading permeates through every area of the curriculum.
- That will broaden our children’s experiences and raise aspirations.
Should you request any more information about the curriculum or require any paper copies please contact school.